b Happy Sumo Food Journal

Sunday, December 21, 2008

LE GRENIER - London, UK

This French restuarant was recommended by a London based coworker. It offers only a three-course fixe prix dinner. They have a list of apps, entrees and dessert and you can pick and choose what you want.

I had the soup of the day - onion soup, entree of the day - halibut and sorbet for dessert. The soup was very good, lots of cheese and not too salty which seems to be the norm whenever I've had onion soup.

The entree was good, halibut with potatoes and fresh vegetables. But I could not get over how much butter was used in the dish. It was so rich. I thought I was back in Mississippi, except that this food was prepared infinitely better!

After all that rich food, the sorbet was a welcome finish. The cost? 31.50 pounds, about $62 dollars. Cost aside, the food was very good. However, considering cost, it was just good. Then again, given the "normal" prices I saw for meals in London, this was not expensive at all.

Overall rating - 3 sumos

2 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Wow pricey....

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous John said...

It looks so delicious
I'll definitely to come back to your blog again.
www.ahacook.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home