b Happy Sumo Food Journal

Friday, November 10, 2006

Beard Papa
99 Yerba Buena Ln (Cross Street: Mission Street between Third and Fourth Streets)
San Francisco, CA 94103View Map
(415) 978-9972

This restaurant just has desserts. Cream puffs to be exact. The story behind the logo is that the guy is supposed to look like a santa and he's supposed to look like a cream puff.

So anyways. When we walked up to the place I saw this long line, about 25 deep. They have cream puffs & Eclairs. I tried one eclair and one cream puff. Unless you have a massive craving for chocolate don't get the eclair. It's SO sweet. It's smothered with chocolate. Too rich for my tastes. You can order the cream puffs & eclairs with vanilla, chocolate, caramel, green tea, pumpkin, milk tea or strawberry. I tried the vanilla filled and a chocolate filled. Mmmm. The chocolate was very sweet. If you can't tell I don't like very sweet desserts. But the cream puff was pretty good. I prefer a hot krispy kreme though.



So my sumo rating is: 3 out of 4 sumos

2 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Eric said...

This is a big chain in Japan. But they've started opening branches in the U.S., so I didn't try them when I was in Japan.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Ok, is it just me or does that eclair look like someone couldn't hold it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home