b Happy Sumo Food Journal

Thursday, November 23, 2006

KEN'S HOUSE OF PANCAKES - Hilo, HI

Ken's is located at 1730 Kamehameha Ave. and is open 24 hours a day. It gets pretty busy and we first tried to go here the evening after the Merrie Monarch Festival exhibition...couldn't even get into the parking lot.


So we made it a point to get there at 8 the next morning and were seated right away. They have an extensive menu and I wanted to try just about everything.

The portions are big, not quite as large as the Hawaiian Style Cafe. My brother-in-law had the #33, Rough Night Chili Cheese Omelette. There was nothing left on the plate.

My sister had the #5 Strawberry Pancakes. She liked it and thought the food quality was better than the Hawaiian Style Cafe.

I, of course had my usual, Portuguese Sausage, Eggs (over easy) and Rice. Yeah, the breakfast of champions! I could eat this everyday for breakfast, and I think I did the whole time I was in Hawaii. Thank goodness for Lipitor.

The service was good and quick. When we left at around 9, the place was packed. So go there early or off-hours. Overall rating - 4 sumos.



1 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude,

Ken's House of Pancakes "4 Sumo's?"
Come on! This is as lame azz food as it gets. The cooks are all on work release (ask someone what this is please) and the food is either too salty or bland! This is lame local food. How about the 50 mom and pop hole in da walls surrounding Ken's? Even cockaroach stew is better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home