b Happy Sumo Food Journal

Saturday, April 21, 2007

CATHAY AIRLINES - 1st class dinner

I'm including this because I never fly first class, unless work is paying for it, and who am I to deviate from policy? This flight was from Hong Kong to Tokyo. You're actually handed a menu and get to choose what you want....on an airplane, what a concept! From the top of the photo we have "mugwort soba noodles," "salmon tataki," bread and "honey roasted carrot with orange segment and black olives." No, I have no idea what mugwort has to do with soba noodles.


For an entree, I chose the "Grilled fish fillet with bean curd skin, japanese rice and mixed japanese vegetables." I figured since I was on my way to Japan, I should prepare myself gastronomically.


The dessert course was cheese and fresh seasonal fruit, plus these cool, tiny little Haagen-Dazs ice cream cups. Somehow I didn't get a picture of those, I guess I ate them too quickly.


Overall rating - 3 sumos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home