b Happy Sumo Food Journal

Saturday, April 21, 2007

TAO LEE YUEN - Hong Kong


This casual, diner style restaurant is located in the middle of the Temple Street Night Market, at 119 Temple St., Yau Ma Tei, in Kowloon. After spending a few hours perusing authentic Onega and Siwss Arny watches and wandering through what appeared to be a location set from a John Woo movie, it was time to eat.

For my first meal in Hong Kong, since it is just south of Canton (Guangzhou), I had to get the classic Cantonese (or at least Americanized Cantonese) dish of sweet and sour pork. It was a tough choice, as everything on the menu looked good. I splurged and got the set meal, which included soup, rice and tea.

The price was $36 HK dollars, or about $4.50. This was the best, cheapest meal I had while I was here. Good portion, freshly made, very tasty.

Overall rating - 3.5 sumos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home