b Happy Sumo Food Journal

Saturday, October 20, 2007

DEW DROP INN - Mobile, AL

This is a casual diner known for their hot dogs and cheeseburgers, which singer Jimmy Buffett, who was a Mobile native, credits with starting his love for burgers.

Although they had typical southern dishes and daily specials, like fried catfish, I decided to try a couple of chili dogs with a side of cole slaw.


If you look at the picture below, you can kind of make out the type of chili they use. It's a very dry, crumbly type that I've never come across before.

I actually didn't care for it very much. They say that ex-Mobile-ers come from miles around to get their hot dog fix. I grew up on chili dogs from Tommy's and Pink's. Maybe it's just what one is used to, but the chili dogs from the Dew Drop Inn were, as Jules would say, "ain't in the same league, ain't even the same sport" as my favorites.

Overall rating - 2.5 sumos



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home